I decided to go with a double seed stitch border under the edge lace. I frogged the previous edge to move the lace up 8 rows to accommodate the new border. Sometimes I wish I could just copy/paste my crafting. Oh, the constraints of the analogue universe.
I'm loving the way the double seed stitch border blends nicely with the lace. It kind of looks lacy, doesn't it?
The only issue is the bind off isn't playing nicely with the edging. It looks OK in the back, but in the front it's buckling.
And, seriously, is there going to be a weird bunched up lump at my waist across my back when I wear this? Every side-view shot has it. Crossing my fingers that it won't. WTF, sweater?
Here's an close-up of the buckling edge. The left is the front where it's wavy and the right is the back where it lays flat.
O hai, stringy string. I'm surprised no one noticed you ... ahem ...
See, the bind off looks fine back here. I think it's because it's getting stretched a little. It's possible blocking would totally sort this out (as a commenter from my last post suggested). But I've thought about it and I'm going to undo this bind off and try using the Interlock Bindoff
which I used on the sides of Helena
. It'll be stretchy and smooth. And it's possible it will be fine from the get go and I won't have to block this sweater every time I wash it. Anyhoo, that's the plan.
And, just for full disclosure, I tried out eleventy-seventy-twelve bind offs before I went with this one. There was lots of binding off and un-binding off going on that afternoon.