This is the photo tutorial for making a ribbon strap for the Lucky Wristlet.
The tutorial is broken down, step-by-step. Let me know if something isn't clear. I will be happy to help you out.Detailed instructions
(text is above its corresponding photo)
1. You'll need a crocheted Lucky Wristlet using my free PDF crochet pattern
and one yard of ribbon.
2. Find the side of your wristlet that doesn't have a spike crochet "belt loop" for your ribbon. This side has a spike.
3. This side does not have a spike. This is the strap side.
4. Fold your ribbon end so you can easily thread it through the first spike stitch.
5. Keep threading your ribbon under the spike stitches ...
6. ... until you've gone all the way around. Adjust the ribbon so both loose ends are the same length.
7. Take one ribbon end and wrap it around the other ribbon end.
8. Make a simple knot.
9. Pull the knot tightly against the wristlet.
10. Here is what the strap looks like with the first knot completed.
11. The other strap is now longer than the knotted strap.
12. Take the longer strap and wrap it around the shorter strap.
13. Make a simple knot near the end.
14. Pull the knot tightly.
15. We are going to finish the ribbon ends now.
16. Trim both ends on a diagonal. I trim them separately, not at the same time.
17. Here they are trimmed.
18. I use Fray Check™ to secure the threads at the end of the ribbon so they don't fray and look a mess.
19. The strap is done.
20. Now you can use your wristlet.