Now that I have thread, I could make the lining. There was a freakout because I couldn't find my personal lining instructions that told me exactly how I normally make the interior pocket or where I normally sew in the label.
I've looked everywhere and it seems those handwritten instructions didn't make it through the move from Philly. I've started re-documenting the process. Maybe I'll update the lining tutorial to include this "fancy" info so I can't lose it again. :)
I also finished the embellishment. Using this felt flower tutorial
I made an awesome loopy flower. Such a great, simple tutorial with excellent results. When I came across that link, I knew it would be a perfect match for Perrin's bag lining. I found the cutest little button for the flower center in my stash!
I tried making the blue part have super-thin loops. It looked really awesome, but the acrylic felt started pulling apart at the loop ends. It would probably work with wool felt, though. Different loop widths and lengths could look amazing in the right layers.
How you thread your "pull tight" stitches through the loop strip make a difference in how your loops lay. For the blue one, I went in and out every loop which oriented the loops sideways. For the cream one I skipped every other loop. so some loops are sideways and the skipped loop pops up on top. If you're going to make these, I encourage you to experiment!
Just a couple of finishing touches left. I'm almost done! :)