I was getting lost in the miles of stockinette in the body and decided to add a sleeve to my Hemlock. So much easier than I thought it would be.
Woohoo! Just a couple decreases and some improvised lace at the cuff and I was done in an afternoon. I did have to do the cuff a couple of times. I tried ribbing at first, but that just didn't look good to me.
I swatched this mini version of the edge lace and thought it looked pretty good. Three rows of garter at the edge (knit row, purl row, knit bind off) finishes the sleeve cleanly.
The lace pattern is (in the round):
Row 1: [k2tog 2 times, *yo, K* (repeat 3 times), yo, k2tog 2 times], repeat around
Row 2, 3, 4: knit all
Row 5: repeat row 1
Row 6, 7: knit all
Row 8: purl all
Row 9 bind off knit wise [knit, *knit, knit through back loop of both knit stiches* (repeat around)]