You may remember that the mustard gloves
were an experiment to not make little holes when the stitches split at the thumb/palm and in between the fingertubes. For these gloves, I'm trying the crossed stitch
technique I found on TECHKnitting.
Yeeessss! It totally works. The only problem is REMEMBERING to do it. I did a lot of re-knitting on these. Thank goodness there isn't much knitting in these in the first place, right? :)
Here is a close-up of the thumb cross-over. I decided to have the palm-stitches be on the outside and the thumb stitches be on the inside.
Here is a close-up of the fingertube cross-over. You can see the un-highlighted cross-overs on the right and left, too. For the fingertubes, I put the stitches for the one I was knitting on the outside and the saved stitch was cross-under-ed.
This in my girl-hand in a boy-sized glove. You can see the little swish at the place where the fingertubes connect with the glove. Not a huge biggie.
This is a shot of the edge of the long tail tubular cast on
for 1x1 rib that I love SO MUCH. Seriously, I love this cast on. If you look at the outside rib, then turn to the inside rib, there is no break in the stitches. They wrap around the cuff-edge flawlessly. It's like magic.