When I saw the photo of the color stripes in my first post about the knitted chair covers
, I noticed something that really got under my skin: accidental red-white-blue. Sure, it's a little off-hue, but it's still there and it pulls me out of the mix of colors and makes those three dominant.
So I went back to swatching.
I really wanted to keep the silver, so I tried using it in between the stripes, but it's just too close to the mustard and pea green to work.
I settled on just taking out the silver (it's actually called linen). I love how rich these six colors look together.
The chair bottom was taking FOREVER-and-a-day to knit, so I decided to do the back of the chair in a crochet motif. I love the way these mini-hexes look. I think they will work well together.
I'm almost done with one chair. I can't wait to get it installed.