Been working on the dragons. Once I got the stabilizer off I realized I picked a crap red to outline the heads of the dragons. It's way too dark. See?
The one on the left is the red and the one on the right is the red oversewn with two strands of orange to brighten it up.
I need to work on my picking-floss-colors-for-colored-backgrounds skillz. I tried really hard this time. Maybe I'm worried about the heads too much. I'm just trying to avoid disasters of the she's being choked by an albino lobster
kind. Ha! (OMG! That *pink* face. ugh.)
Here's a close up of the thread mixing. I like the effect, but now that I'm almost done with the overstitching I wish I'd chosen the yellow. Arghhhh.
And I'm not even going to mention the incredible disappearing monkey ... something must be done.
I swear I thought this would be a quick little project. I thought I'd picked a simple design ... and I sorta did. But then I blew it up WAY big ... and started obsessing about the colors ... and decided to do the scales the most complicated and stitchy way (which are looking awesome, if I do say so myself) ...
I've already eliminated about 50% of the details I wanted to keep. I think I'm going to add some cloudy goodness between the dragons' heads because it's just too spare down there.
I'm totally loving this beast of a project, but I need to get it f.i.n.i.s.h.e.d!