I finished The Last Detail sweater and already wore it to work! Woo hoo!
Over the last couple of nights, I've tied off the last of the loose ends in my sweater, The Last Detail. Last night I soaked it in the sink to thoroughly wet it and then I blocked it on a towel.
I discovered this yarn over hole in my sweater after I'd finished binding off the bottom hem. I'd seen it a couple of times when I was trying on the sweater, but I thought it was just where I'd started a new skein of yarn and the ends weren't secured yet.
Progress! I've gotten to the bottom hem without having to frog the side increases again.
I am finally satisfied. This is actually neckline 4 or 5. Whatever it's number, it's the last one. I love it. :) I wanted seed stitch, it just took me a couple of tries to figure out how I wanted to do the decreases in pattern.
After I ripped out 32 rows
of this sweater, I diligently started right back in ... aided by episodes of Hoarders: Buried Alive. Reality TV helps the stockinette go down ( ... sugar helps the medicine go down ... ). But at a certain point, I realized I wouldn't know when to start the hip increases unless I had the neckline fixed.
In the pattern for my "The Last Detail" sweater, there are decreases after the bust, then you work for an inch, and start increasing for the hips.
I told you that I started a new sweater just for my Los Angeles vacation, but I'd like to introduce you properly, now. Here is "The Last Detail" my top-down raglan made from the pattern Breakwater.