I am done weaving in ends! Thank goodness that they can look like crap on the inside (because the bag will be lined) because that took a lot of the pressure off.
I did find two crazy mistakes when I was doing the ends. First, I caught one loop of a flower petal chain on accident. How weird is that? I was able to undo part of the brown connector and re-crochet it without further incident.
Second, I found that I completely missed a petal when I put in a brown connector. Fail! I had to cut this one out and crochet a new one in it's place.
All-in-all, the whole weaving-in thing wasn't so bad because I did it in stolen moments ... watching David Letterman, waiting for the pasta water to boil, and stuff like that. But I guess I'd still rather have spent my time actually making something instead of cleaning something up. Oh, well, it's all over now. :)
I frogged the half-done handles because the two skeins of yarn I used didn't match. I thought it'd be OK, but it was really bothering me. You can see it pretty clearly in the first picture of this post
. The little U shape under the handle is lighter than the handles.
Here's the finished bag-body in all it's woven-in glory!
I started the handles again last night, but I'm going to save that for next week's post because I woke up with the WORST headache and a face full of snot. I'm going to employ some hot cocoa and Sudafed therapy.
If that doesn't work, I might have to escalate my treatment to a series of retardedly-funny movies. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Last time I needed that kind of medical attention it involved Balls of Fury
Ouch! (although Christopher Walken is a comedy genius!).