One more week and I'll be finished with my top secret AntiCraft projects. I'll be sad to mail them away, but then I will be back to making post-able crafts.
Recently, I started thinking about all the craft and non-craft plans I have for the coming year and it made woozy. My solution? A chart, of course.
I made a list of all of the important things I want to fit into my life (or have to fit in) and I scheduled a chunk of time for each of them every week. This includes:
· apartment cleaning
· putting away the laundry
· craft research and development (I need a lab coat)
· blogging, craft and otherwise
· updating website
The point isn't to freak out that I'm not doing enough (which is status quo, I don't need a chart to freak out), but to help me spend my limited free time in a balanced way so none of the things I'd really like to do get completely neglected.
My philosophy is that even small things accumulate to become something bigger. Keeping that mantra in my head is what stops me from spending my ten free minutes playing Pop and Drop or just throwing up my arms and giving up when I feel overwhelmed. Ugh, it sounds like a ridiculous inspirational poster with a drop of water plinking into the sea, but it really does help me.
I plan on entering this magical utopia after I'm done with the AntiCraft book stuff, because that is my entire focus right now. I'll let you know how my plan works out and if I need to make adjustments to it.
Also, I have been tagged by Ambika
. It's the "five things I haven't already mentioned on my blog" one:
1) I have 7 siblings of all sorts: full, step, half, and adopted. In high school, there were 6 kids ranging from 2 to 17 living in my home.
2) I didn't touch raw meat (except hamburger) until I was 30-years-old. I will only touch raw meat with gloves on.
3) I have a thing for the moon. Seeing the moon in the sky makes me unbelievably happy. My only tattoo, which I designed, is the moon with clouds. It's on the inside of my left forearm.
4) I will eat anything tomato-related, but I will not eat tomatoes or anything with discernible chunks of tomatoes. Yes: tomato sauce, tomato paste, smoothish pasta and pizza sauce, ketchup, tomato-based Indian sauces. No: pico de gallo, tomato slices, diced tomatoes, big slimy chunks of tomatoes in my pasta or pizza sauce. I've gotten better ... now I will scrape the yuck off and keep eating (that wasn't always the case). I will also dip my chip in salsa to get the salsa juice, but I shake off any chunks that stick to my chip. I really should get a blender.
5) I love first-person-shooters and uber-violent video games. A couple years ago, Andrew gave me Manhunt
as a surprise gift. I swooned. I had been seeing the commercials for months and they were scaring the hell out of me. The game is ten times scarier.
and, just in case someone is itching to tag me for "6 weird things about me" ...
6) My big dream is to be the lead singer in a band, and has been since I was around 11 years old. For real. Sadly, I'm a terrible singer.